February 7th, 2012
What’s New in 3.2
• Home page Sorts and Filters
Key columns on the home page may now be sorted by clicking on the column header label. This will cycle you through an ascending or descending sort, or remove the sorting. At the top of the screen, the filters that were previously noted and that could be changed on the Control Panel tab may now be set directly on the Home page. All filters will immediately be applied.
• Home page Highlighting of Published Stories
The Home Summary page displays result (Accepted/Rejected/Pending) information for the most recent submission. However, some works may be submitted for reprints that have already been accepted. Published works are now highlighted in green for the Name to distinguish them from works that have never been accepted.
• Login with Password on Application Startup
An option is provided under the Control Panel tab, and the Preferences subtab, to set a password. This option allows you to set a password. This password is required upon starting the application before you are given access to the application. This password protection should be considered as a layer of protection from a casual user as the database itself is not encrypted and would not protect the database from a higher skill level attack.
• Exit Application button in the Control Panel
A button has been added to the Control Panel tab under the Utilities subtab. This exits the application. This is useful when the application is used under iOS with FileMaker Go (FMG) and a password is enabled for login. You may leave the application and when you re-enter FMG, the application will open to the location you last left. In effect, you would never fully exit the application and you will never be prompted for the password. This function allows you to exit the application so that you will be prompted for the password, if that feature is enabled, the next time you open the application.
• Label on the “Filter” checkbox on the Story tab is customizable An option is provided under the Control Panel tab, and the Custom Labels subtab, to modify the label on this field.
• Home Label is customizable
An option is provided under the Control Panel tab, and the Custom Labels subtab, to modify the label used for “Home”.
• Bug Fixes
• Field resize on Reports tab under iOS to prevent obscuring a report name.
• Running Diagnostics report provides information in the popup dialog on how to close the Diagnostics report window.