1. Backup your current copy of The Writer’s Scribe.
• This should start automatically after clicking the Upgrade button.
• Select the Control Panel tab and the Utilities subtab.
• Click “Backup Now”.
2. Download and Install the latest version of The Writer’s Scribe for the Macintosh.
This should start automatically. The application will, by default, install into a different directory. Do not overwrite your existing installation.
3. Open the new version of The Writer’s Scribe. If you do not have Java installed, you will be prompted to download Java from the www.java.com website, hosted by Oracle. Download and install Java. Then continue with these installation instructions after installing Java.
4. If you are on the Welcome screen, you may Click the Restore from Backup or Prior Version button and proceed to Step 6. Otherwise, Click on the Control Panel tab, the rightmost tab.
5. Click on the Administrative Functions button at the top of the screen to enable the Administrative Functions.
6. Click the Restore from Backup or Prior Version button. Click the Open button on that popup dialog to select the backup file from the prior version if not already listed in the dialog. Click the Restore button. This process may take several minutes to complete to import your data. A Success dialog will be displayed upon completion. Click OK. At this point you will still be logged in as Trial User.
MANUAL LICENSE ACTIVATION (skip this section for NEW users for AUTOMATIC ACTIVATION)
7. Click on the Control Panel tab, then if Administrative Function are not currently "On", click the Administrative Functions button to enable those functions.
8. Click on the Licenses button under the Control Panel sub tab, halfway down the page on the right side. The Licenses popup will appear.
9. Your current license should be listed. If you do not yet have a contact listed yet for yourself. For your license, click the “+” button. A popup will appear, enter your Prefix, First Name, and Last Name.
10. Copy your Registration Name to your Clipboard, Command-C.
11. Go to the menu The Writer’s Scribe 6.2, and then the Preferences menu item.
AUTOMATIC LICENSE ACTIVATION (for new users with Activation file, otherwise skip this section.)
7. Perform Steps 7 and 8 above.
8. Drag and Drop the "TWSLicense.fmp12" file from your activation email to the drop target in the Licenses popup toolbar
Select the Import Licenses button and select the "TWSLicense.fmp12" file from the File Open dialog.
9. Perform steps 9 through 11 above.
SETUP AUTOMATIC LOGIN
12. Under User Name, select “Other”, then paste in the Registration Name. Close the Preferences dialog.
13. In the Licenses dialog, click the “-“ button in the header.
14. Click the red “-“ button on the Trial User row.
15. Click Done on the Licenses dialog.
16. Click the Exit Application button.
COMPLETE THE UPDATE
17. Start the TWS 6.2 application. It will use your registration name as set in the Preferences dialog to invisibly log you in from here on out and you may use the application as you always have.
18. Click on the Control Panel tab. Click to enable the Administrative Functions.
19. Click the Set Myself as Contact on All Unassigned... button.
20. Start using the application.
Note: if you have ANY difficulty performing an upgrade, please contact support. If you like, just install the update, send support the file “TheWritersScribe.USR” file, and we’ll update it and send it back within a day.